Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
Mary Caite & I tried a new recipe out yesterday that I thought you guys might be interested in. We decided to try out a recipe we tried from my new friend Chelsea Gold aka The Paleo Cavewoman. Now while her recipe, included an almond meal preparation as a cheese substitute, we both tolerate quality organic, pasture-raised dairy well, so we went with Organic Valley Cream Cheese. If you have a dairy sensitivity, be sure to use her recipe!! However, that being said, this is the PERFECT appetizer to serve at a dinner event or just as a quick and delicious snack!
If you haven't picked up a copy of The Micronutrient Miracle by Dr. Jayson & Mira Calton, they are still giving away $200 in FREE Gift Certificates to a number of amazing companies including U.S. Wellness Meats, where you can pick up their pasture-raised bacon for this recipe!!
- 8 pieces of bacon (pasture raised)
- 4 large jalapeño peppers
- 8oz Organic Valley cream cheese (or other organic, grass-fed, pasture raised)
- Simply Organic Vegetable Grilling Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- Redmond Real Salt (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut jalapeños in half (longways) and remove seeds (to desired spiciness).
- Fill each jalapeño half with at least 1 tbsp of cream cheese.
- Wrap uncooked bacon around jalapeño/cheese boat.
- Place on a racked baking sheet and bake for 20-30 min (until bacon is cooked through and crispy).
** This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, Paleo/ Primal Long Island will receive a very small commission, but your cost will not change. Thank you for supporting my blog!