I've made this recipe a couple of times now and it amazes me more and more every time! For those who who miss pizza and calzones after eliminating grains, this recipe is incredible. Shout out to the Ketogenic Kitchen for the inspiration. As this recipe is very dairy intensive, it is super important to focus on using quality grass-fed, pasture-raised and organic ingredients. That being said, have a look and enjoy!
- 8 oz package Organic Valley Mozzarella Cheese (cut or shredded)
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 2 oz Organic Valley Cream Cheese
- 1 Pasture Raised Egg
- Redmond Real Salt (to taste)
- Simply Organic Black Pepper (to taste)
- Simply Organic Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Simply Organic Oregano (to taste)
- 4 oz Organic Valley Ricotta Cheese
- 2-4 oz Pepperoni (meat of choice)
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Then cut mozzarella cheese and microwave on high (~1.5 minutes) until evenly melted.
2) Then mix egg, cream cheese and almond flour in Magic Bullet evenly. Then add melted mozzarella cheese and blend it all together.
3) Next, start to knead the dough with your hands.
4) Apply SkinnyFat Olive Oil to tin-foil lined pan, then spread the dough onto the pan.
5) Bake dough for roughly 10 minutes until edges start to crisp.Take it out and let cool for a minute or two, flip it and apply ricotta and other fillings.
6) After filling, fold in half and pinch the sides shut, closing your calzone pocket.
7) Bake again for another 20 minutes until your calzone has reached the perfect crispy consistency and golden color.
** This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, Paleo/ Primal Long Island will receive a very small commission, but your cost will not change. Thank you for supporting my blog!